Art is the Heart of my Soul's Desire

These pages are about my memories from my past as well as stories of my present journey as I travel the path of a professional fine artist.


Navigating the Currents


A STORY of MEMORIES ---

The times when I want to change something, I look at what's perfect.

I delight in the myriad of hues that take me beautifully through my days and into my evenings.

Twilight--that magical time when ocean's blues begin their surrender to midnight black. 

There's a timeless romance shared between the moon and the sea and the dimly lit clouds that float over a seascape of indigo waves--where the cool rippling waters meet pebbled shores, and the sound of the gulls shrill clear in the air.

These intimate moments, witnessing and painting the sea, I'll always have lingering memories of the sights, the scents, and the sounds. With this, my memories, luxury is an everyday sensation.

My natural instincts for survival always keep me steering clear of the rapids. When the noise in my head drowns out the sounds of the sea, I go outside and surrender myself to her, so that I'll finally hear the truth--and keep from going deaf!

Too much internal noise, causes me to stop listening--causes me to want to change things and alter my course.

Ahh! But, hoist the mainsail and scuttle the jib! I've spied the treasures of the sea! Here, I can be the empty vessel letting the current take me to the next destination. Set the course for a long, carefree sail where my thoughts can be as light as a trade-wind.


Carole Gray-Weihman, "Last Light on the Beach"
"Last Light on the Beach"    www.gray-weihman.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So excited to read this! It just makes me feel like the ocean can indeed be found in my heart, which is landlocked in Colorado . Beautiful work, friend!